Monday, August 24, 2009

First days

Monday was the first day of my fall semester and of my internship. I have three classes this semester, thanks to some summer school, and I am working at two elementary schools with the same school counselor. She splits her time between the two, so now do I. I like it so far. I went on my first home visit, chatted with a few kids, watched the counselor give a lesson in class... nothing like starting out running. Today I went to the other school, but as it was the first day of school for this school, we didn't do much with the kids. I still feel a little... ok A LOT nervous and completely unsure of what I am doing,but I know as the year progresses I will build self confidence and knowledge of how to be a great school counselor! But until then... wish me luck!

1 comment:

Tawnie said...

good luck for sure! If you need anything call or come by. Anything from food to emotional support for food for emotional support.