Sunday, August 23, 2009
If at first you don't succeed...
For my birthday one of my presents was a fabulous cupcake cookbook!
I love looking through it... but cookbooks are not just there for looking at pictures, so I looked through it in hopes of finding a recipe that not only looked yummy, but also that I had all the ingredients for in my pantry. Sure enough I found one. I was super excited and proud that we had everything I needed already stocked. I feel like I followed the recipe, but my cupcakes sadly did not turn out the way I was expecting. Not to say they didn't turn out the way they were supposed to... just that I was expecting something a bit different.
I made some yummy cream cheese frosting and cut up strawberries for the top. A little variation from the finish the cookbook suggested but I didn't think that would matter. So I tried again... this time I adjusted the recipe in a way I thought might help. It didn't. Sad. The second batch turned out worse than the first. Oh well right. I will have to try it again sometime.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sadness...they look great in the picture! And I am sure the frosting was yummy on graham crackers!
At least you were brave enough to try a new recipe. I look at recipes all the time and think about trying them.
Post a Comment