Sunday, January 11, 2009

What?! Already?

Yep it is that time again. Blagh... ok I know I like school, but I like being on vacation way more. I went to California for my winter break. Christmas was fabulous. I think everyone had a great time. I certainly did. I had the opportunity to hang out with family and friends. I had a wonderful time hanging out with my neices and nephews. They are super cute. We were fortunate to all be home when my brother blessed his new little girl the Sunday after Christmas. My whole family was there and all but one of my sister in laws family was there. It was beautiful. So we took the opportunity to take a family picture that Monday. That was a lot of fun. The woman who took the pictures was great. She ended up taking my two sisters and I back to her studio to take more pictures. We got hair and make-up too. I also went with a couple of friends to my parent's cabin in the Lake Arrowhead mountains. We went sledding... good times.We had to shovel the driveway for both our cars to fit, and we ate Jensen's donuts for breakfast new years morning. I know some of you may be wondering why I would leave the snow in Utah to go to sunny Southern California (and it was sunny, in the 60's and 70's just about the whole time) just to go back to the snow... well, I think California snow must be different. =)

2 comments:

JJ said...

It sounds like the snow is fallowing you where ever you go! It really was a great Christmas!

mom said...

Hi Julie, I am not good at keeping up on reading everyone's "blogs" - I am lucky if I can even find them - but yours is great - I love All the pictures and your comments about the snow - Laura is right the dog is so cute - I am glad it is still growing. And honestly, I didn't even think there was such a thing as snow etiquette - When we lived in provo, we used credit cards to get the snow off or those scraper things and who cared about the neighbors - snow is snow and you have to get rid of it if you have to go somewhere. We had fun at Christmas too! mom