Monday, December 05, 2005

A Lifetime of Lies

This Saturday I was getting ready to watch the UCLA /USC game and my brother asked me if I knew that my dad was a USC fan, and my grandma, an even bigger USC fan.... As you all could imagine I was in a state of shock. My whole life I believed my family to be UCLA fans. A third of my lifetime spent thinking that we liked UCLA. We practically lived next door to UCLA. I feel so conflicted now, so confused...... We went to UCLA football games, we forged friendships with other UCLA fans, we wore baby blue and yellow after victory and loss, while the USC fans wore cardinal and gold. So what am I supposed to do now?! I am not sure I can just forget everything I have ever thought, abandoning the Bruins..... No, I cannot!

"Mighty Bruins”
We are the Mighty Bruins,The best team in the West.
We’re marching on to victory,To conquer all the rest.
We are the Mighty Bruins,Triumphant evermore.
You can hear from far and near,The Mighty Bruin roar!
U! C! L! A!
U-C-L-A! Fight! Fight! Fight!

2 comments:

liz said...

Stand up for what you believe in Jules!!!!!

Stand up and fight!

liz said...

Stand up for what you believe in Jules!!!!!

Stand up and fight!