Monday, October 17, 2011

One step closer to Zion

As I was listening to conference, I heard a line in a talk by Dallin H. Oaks... Actually it was from a BYU devotional talk given by Neal A. Maxwell (tried to find the original, but there was only the audio). Elder Oaks says "Where is our ultimate loyalty? Are we like the Christians in Elder Neal A. Maxwell’s memorable description who have moved their residence to Zion but still try to keep a second residence in Babylon?" That is me! I have moved to Zion aka Utah while trying to keep a residence in Babylon! Ok I know California isn't Babylon (well it could be close enough). But really I can't help it. I love CA! Anyways... after a big snafu with my insurance company and the CA DMV I finally had to do it. I registered my car in UT... moving one step closer to Zion.

No comments: