Sunday, June 14, 2009
Scottish Festival
So on Saturday Jill and I and a couple of friends went to the Scottish Festival. It was a lot of fun! On the way there we drove straight through the middle of a thunder storm. That was a little scary. We practically had to stop because we (or Jill rather) couldn't see where to go. Crazy.
Good thing when we got there the rain had pretty much stopped. I think the rain had slowed things down there so at least there wasn't a lot of people there. We walked around checking out the different booths, the food (the kind you would see at the fair), the fun people all dressed up, the crazy highland games.
We ate yummy grilled corn, 


There was a homemade ice cream stand where the ice cream was churned with a crazy john Deere contraption. It was cool.
I could so be a part of this world. Jill and I might join the Utah Scottish Association!
Oh yeah and the guy behind me on the bleachers is wearing the OFFICIAL tartan of Utah... Camo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
you look so cute with your hair long :)
HILARIOUS! Jules you are cracking me up! Do you need a skirt made out of the Utah tartan?
Did you see the Stewart plaid? Could you buy ties or material there. I realize it is all over but what a fun idea. Jack will be glad to hear you were interested. After all, there is theStewart, Johnston, Campbell and are there any others - oh yes - Duncan Johnston's wife was Christine McGillivray from Aldborough, Canada. And then we are related to Bill Anderson and he's from Scotland too. Such fun! mom
Post a Comment