Wow, where did I leave off? I think we were still in York visiting our friend Christy. From York we went back to London, and from a little attic bedroom to a flat on the Themes. That was a fun surprise. The place was decorated very modern, and it had more than just the necessities.

It had an amazing view from the living room window across the Themes to downtown London, including the Tower Bridge. Here is a night shot. We had one free night without a cruise ship to block the view.

There was a huge TV, lots of game systems, and karaoke. Plus there was a full kitchen with a washer and dryer (that is combined in one). At one point I couldn't get my clothes out. I was going to have to buy new clothes!

Here we are with the instruction book trying to figure out the whole thing. It was pretty funny. Here is the sweet bathroom too. It is kind of weird but the shower glass (well it was frosted)makes up part of the hallway. So we had to shower with the doors to the bedroom and the living room closed.

The first day we were in London we went all over town. We went to Buckingham Palace and saw the changing of the guards. It was very fun. By the way, I am a professional at taking pictures of myself and others. It is a true talent.


We also went to the Royal Mews. What's that you say? The Royal Mews is where all the horses live- well they used to all live there. Some of them live in pastures out in the countryside. It is also where they house the carriages that have been used by the royals throughout their lives. This is the latest and greatest.

Pretty fancy huh?! We also walked through Hyde park, and we tried to find the guards with the red coats and the big black hats, like the ones in the marching band, but we couldn't find them. It turns out that they were out of the country for the moment. My sister read in the paper that one of the Princes (which one is the oldest one? Probably Prince William) was on some kind of a humanitarian mission. We think they were with him. After walking all over town we went back to the flat for like three minutes, and them we were going to go to the US v. England soccer (or futbol match- whichever you prefer).

My brother surprised us with scarves- everyone wears their team scarves there. I guess they came with our tickets. But what a great surprise that was! We were a little worried about getting beat up at the match.

We know how much the English love their futbol. But really despite us losing, we had a great time. It was a great night. The next day we got up and toured around some more. One highlight of the day was going to St. Pauls Cathedral - where the little old bird lady sings. We walked up the 400 something steps to the top of the cathedral. It was quite a trip.

We ate lunch on the steps. I loved it.

We also went to the Tower of London. That is where the crowned jewels are kept. You know how I like the bling.

We saw two shows while we were there, Les Miserables and Wicked. Both very good shows. Really though I love Wicked. If you haven't seen it, I say do it! I think this post is long enough... so I am going to finish it. But really, I has a grand time! One last shot of my brother and sister and me on the tube.
1 comment:
So glad that you got to see the bling! How I love that little city...I really wish I could have gone with you! Maybe next time!
Post a Comment